Any conversation that moves a sale forward is considered a sales call. The details of this conversation should be captured, so important details are not lost. Additionally, further solutions can be gained from the insights gathered during the call.
There are several ways to create a sales call or other entities on a customer’s account.
Creating a call from the home screen
- Click the [+] button to see the Create New options
- Select the activity you’d like to create
- Enter the Account name in the “Account” field
- As you type, it will search ahead and show results
- Select the Account that you would like to create a Sales Call for
Creating activities from an account
- Click on the [+] button in the Navigation Menu to create a Sales Call
- If not already selected, click the activity menu in the top left corner to open the drop down.
- Sales Calls are created by default, but this can be changed.
- Select the activity you’d like to create.
Creating a call with quick entry screen
- Click [New] to the right of a group in the account screen.
Scheduling a Sales Call for follow-up
- Calls are either ‘Open’ or ‘Completed’, indicated by the ‘Complete’ check box. Once a call has been marked Complete it cannot be modified.
- Leaving Calls open allows you to continue to add notes or reschedule to a later date.
- Note every touch point with a customer needs to be completed. You can continue to use the same call until the conversation is complete.
- Whether creating a new call or modifying an existing call, you can schedule by using the date controls. The default duration is one hour, you can adjust as needed.
- On the Calendar screen, open calls can be moved or rescheduled by dragging and dropping. Completed calls (grey) cannot be moved.
- Handle Sales Calls and Tasks can be synced with Microsoft Exchange (Outlook) or Gmail calendars. Once synced, scheduled items will inherit your personal default reminder settings.
- Changes made in Outlook or Gmail will sync back and update Handle scheduled items.